We offer a range of outdoor rock climbing sessions and courses to suit all comers.
They broadly fit into two categories:
We run a wide variety of these throughout the year on single pitch crags in Yorkshire, Derbyshire (The Peak District) and Cumbria (The Lake District). The groups vary widely in experience and aims but some examples follow.
- Family groups on holiday wanting a climbing activity.
- School groups on enrichment days.
- Scout, guide and other youth groups wanting a day's experience.
- GCSE PE climbing groups (sometimes 2 or 3 days at a time). We are an approved provider and are registered on Evolve in many areas of the country.
- Groups of climbers with experience on indoor walls hiring us to provide kit, experience and training in outdoor climbing and rigging climbs. We sometimes get groups from a wall who take a week's holiday together and hire us on each day of their trip.
- Groups of adults who work together.
- Stag and hen parties.
We offer, half day, full day or multi-day sessions climbing and / or abseiling at outdoor crags, and shorter sessions (from 1 hour to 4 hours) on indoor climbing walls.
Example Price: From £196 for a one day outdoor climbing for up to 8 people in Yorkshire or the Peak District (£140 for half day).
Maximum Group Size: 14 people.
We run a multitude of more advanced climbing courses and experiences, some examples of which are detailed below. The courses listed are examples that we have run in the past but we can customise them to fit your availability and requirements. We can run these courses anywhere in the UK with a suitable venue.
- Skills for independent climbing
- Skills for lead climbing
- Skills for multi pitch climbing.
- Guided experience
- Movement skills
This 2 day course is for people who want to learn to climb independently outdoors. It covers the skills needed to climb at single pitch crags using top ropes; skills which will open up a huge amount of quality climbing to you across the UK. Top roping enables you to climb independently and is also a valuable building block for lead climbing. This course does not involve lead climbing.
Example Price: From £329 for a 2 day course based in Ilkley.
Maximum group size: 6 (from £55 per person)
Previous experience required: Some outdoor climbing and/or climbing independently indoors.
- Guide book use, grades and route selection
- Anchor selection and assessment
- Selection and use of appropriate equipment
- Rigging and setting up safe top ropes
- Belaying in the outdoor context
- Movement skills for climbing on rock
As with all our skills courses, the syllabus will be tailored to the needs of the individual so will vary from course to course.
Learn the skills required to start leading climbs outdoors. This 2-day course is also suitable for those who are already leading outside but would benefit from some professional instruction to fine tune their skills.
Group size: Up to 4 people.
Price: From £422
Experience required: Independent outdoor climbing and/or leading indoors.
- Top rope systems including anchor selection and assessment
- Belaying for the lead climber and the second in the outdoor environment
- Equipment for lead climbing
- Managing risks on-lead, including runner placement and selection
- Guide book use, grades and route selection
Please note that we do not guarantee that you will lead a route on this course. While this will be the aim it will depend upon the assessment of the instructor as to whether or not it is safe to do so. This assessment will take into account events on the day including the weather.
In addition to this 2-day course we also offer 1 day and multi-day courses to provide a quicker introduction, a recap, or a more in-depth course. Please contact us to discuss a bespoke course.
Learn or develop the skills for multi-pitch climbing. Making the move from single pitch climbing to multi-pitch climbing offers new challenges and requires new skills. This course covers the skills you need to move into the multi-pitch environment, including, for those that are ready for it, multi-pitch leading. For those who already have multi-pitch climbing skills, this course can be tailored to develop those skills to a more advanced level. It is therefore suitable for 2 climbers at different stages in their skills and abilities. It can also be booked for a single climber.
Often booked as a 2-day course, this is also available as a single day for those wanting a quicker introduction or to fine tune their existing skills, and as a multi-day course for those who have the time to go into extra depth.
Price: from £195 per day
For anyone that wants to be taken multi pitch climbing, including on mountain crags and sea cliffs. This could be as an introduction to multi pitch climbing prior to going on a skills course, could be because there is a route you’ve always wanted to do, or could just be because you want the experience. Either way a day of guided climbing can make this happen. Like all our courses this is available as a gift.
Suitable for 1 or 2 people.
Price: From £195 per day.
Want to improve your grade, at bouldering, indoor wall climbing, or outdoor climbing? This is the course for you.
Group size: Up to 6
Price: From £102 per half day